Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most common men’s health problems in the UK and globally. Here are some statistics:
- Erectile dysfunction is very common, with well over half of men stating that they experience it (58.2%).
- A quarter experience it during more than half of all their sexual encounters (27.3%).
- 3 in 4 men between the ages of 25 and 34 experience erectile dysfunction (74.6%), making them the most vulnerable age group in the UK. They are also the most likely to experience it frequently, with 40% saying they struggle for an erection more than half of the time.
- Half of all men above the age of 55 struggle with erectile dysfunction (49.9%), making them the safest age group in the UK.
- Treatment – In addition to medication, counselling and other psychological therapies, ED is also being successfully treated with focused extracorporeal shockwave therapy. This is a safe, effective intervention with no side effects
- In addition to ED, Peyronies disease and chronic pelvic pain syndrome also respond well to shockwave therapy.